Taught by a 4 person team including 2 Stanford-educated, ex-Googlers and 2 ex-Flipkart Lead Analysts. This team has decades of practical experience in working with Java and with billions of rows of data.
**This course is a zoom-in, zoom-out, hands-on workout involving Hadoop, MapReduce and the art of thinking parallel. **
Let’s parse that.
**Zoom-in, Zoom-Out: **This course is both broad and deep. It covers the individual components of Hadoop in great detail, and also gives you a higher level picture of how they interact with each other.
**Hands-on workout involving Hadoop, MapReduce : **This course will get you hands-on with Hadoop very early on. You’ll learn how to set up your own cluster using both VMs and the Cloud. All the major features of MapReduce are covered - including advanced topics like Total Sort and Secondary Sort.
**The art of thinking parallel: **MapReduce completely changed the way people thought about processing Big Data. Breaking down any problem into parallelizable units is an art. The examples in this course will train you to “think parallel”.
Lot’s of cool stuff …
**Using MapReduce to **
- **Recommend friends in a Social Networking site: **Generate Top 10 friend recommendations using a Collaborative filtering algorithm.
- **Build an Inverted Index for Search Engines: **Use MapReduce to parallelize the humongous task of building an inverted index for a search engine.
- **Generate Bigrams from text: **Generate bigrams and compute their frequency distribution in a corpus of text.
**Build your Hadoop cluster: **
- Install Hadoop in Standalone, Pseudo-Distributed and Fully Distributed modes
- Set up a hadoop cluster using Linux VMs.
- Set up a cloud Hadoop cluster on AWS with Cloudera Manager.
- Understand HDFS, MapReduce and YARN and their interaction
**Customize your MapReduce Jobs: **
- Chain multiple MR jobs together
- Write your own Customized Partitioner
- **Total Sort : **Globally sort a large amount of data by sampling input files
- Secondary sorting
- Unit tests with MR Unit
- Integrate with Python using the Hadoop Streaming API
**… and of course all the basics: **
**MapReduce : **Mapper, Reducer, Sort/Merge, Partitioning, Shuffle and Sort
**HDFS & YARN: **Namenode, Datanode, Resource manager, Node manager, the anatomy of a MapReduce application, YARN Scheduling, Configuring HDFS and YARN to performance tune your cluster.
Mail us about anything - anything! - and we will always reply :-)
☞ Big Data and Hadoop for Beginners - with Hands-on!
☞ Big Data Internship Program - Data Ingestion-Sqoop and Flume
☞ Hadoop and Big Data for Absolute Beginners
☞ Data Warehouse Concepts: Basic to Advanced concepts
☞ Hands on Big Data with Apache Hadoop, Python and HDInsight
☞ MapReduce Architecture for Big Data